Once upon a time...


And so it begins!  I've never had a blog before, so this could be interesting.  I think I shall start with some things about myself. 

Facts About Me:
- I am in my first year of college.  At the moment, I am majoring in psychology and liberal arts for the human services, with a minor in music.  I'm planning on eventually becoming a professional counselor. 
- My favorite color is pink.
-  I love to sing!  I've been in choir for years, and I couldn't imagine my life without it.
- I also love musical theatre.  I've performed in a lot of shows, and the feeling you get from performing for others is just...magical.  I can't even describe it.  
- I am a cat person.  I have two cats named Howie and Ophelia.  I love all animals though - cats are just my favorite.
- I am a huge Shakespeare fan.  This is why I have a cat named Ophelia.  I also had a fish named Hamlet, but unfortunately he passed away.  :-(
- I'm not a morning person.  I would sleep until noon every single day if I could.  I also tend to take naps on days when I can't sleep until noon.  Let's face it, I like my sleep!
- Despite that last fact, breakfast is my favorite meal of the day.  I like to eat breakfast foods for supper quite frequently.
- I have a twin brother named Mat.  As if that's not enough, I have a little brother and sister who are twins as well, Becca and Josh.  
- I am more of a listener than a talker.  I like to listen to people and help them with their problems.  This is one of the reasons I want to be a counselor.
- I love my friends, and I would do anything for them.  
- I cannot stay angry at people.  I've tried, but it just doesn't work.  I am a very forgiving person, and it takes a lot to make me significantly angry in the first place.
- I don't like to drive.  I got in a car accident last summer, and ever since then cars just freak me out.
- I have a boyfriend named Ben, and he is wonderful. :-)
- I am a firm believer that everything in life happens for a reason.

Those are probably enough facts about me for now.  Here is something I have learned this year in college: something unexpected or unusual happens every single day.  Isn't that cool?  One of my textbooks told me that, and at first I didn't believe it.  I mean, sure, unexpected things happen.  But every day?  I thought, no way.  But when I started paying attention, sure enough, it's for real!  Sometimes it's just something small, like running into someone you didn't expect to see, or getting a letter in the mail that you weren't expecting, and some days it's bigger.  Today, I was unexpectedly introduced to the world of blogging.  I can't wait to see what happens tomorrow!










1 comments:

Unknown said...

Yayyyy!! I love it. Super cute. I'm following you now, which sounds creepy, but I figure having known you for the past almost 9 years gives me the right to do that. :)

Post a Comment