Midnight Migraines

Let me just start off by saying that migraines are the absolute worst.  I was up all night with one last night, and it was not pleasant.  See, when I have migraines, I tend to get slightly delusional.  Last night, this led to the following experience:

For some reason, I was 100% convinced that I was Ruthie Camden from 7th Heaven, probably because I was watching it yesterday.  (This is a hilarious show.  I highly recommend it.)  Well, in the particular episode I was watching yesterday, Ruthie was in Scotland, and her parents came to pick her up because her dad, the Reverend Camden, was having heart problems and had been told by the doctors that he only had a year or so left to live, and he wanted her to come home and spend time with the family. 

Well, in my delusional state, I was a. convinced that I was Ruthie Camden, b. pretty sure I was in Scotland, and c. certain that I myself only had a year left to live.  This was a pretty scary situation for me.  I think that I thought my migraine was so severe that it was a brain tumor or something.  Anyway, as time went on, the situation became progressively worse.  Eventually, I thought I was running from a masked gunman.  Yes, in my bed.

Like I said, I tend to get delusional when I have migraines.  Fortunately, around 8:00 I somehow fell asleep.  Unfortunately, my alarm clock woke me up at 9:00 informing me that it was time to get up and go to philosophy class.  The good news is that I just got back from my philosophy class, where I found out I got an A on my last paper.  The bad news is that I'm still shaky and slightly out of it from being up all night with a migraine...and also a little confused about what went on in my brain all night. 

I'd like to be taking a nap right now - that's what I usually do on Tuesdays and Thursdays after philosophy and before psychology.  But for some reason I'm not actually tired.  So now I'm not really sure what to do.  I have a free hour and a half that I usually spend sleeping!  I think I'll go watch some more 7th Heaven... ;-)

0 comments:

Post a Comment